Prerequisites for entry
The conditions necessary for a foreigner to meet when entering Montenegro, and which are regulated by the Law on Border Control.
Detailed border check
A detailed border check when entering Montenegro covers checking the following:
- Conditions for foreigners to enter, prescribed by a special law;
- Travel documents for the purpose of determining the signs of falsification;
- Entry and exit stamps in travel documents for the purpose of exceeding the duration of the approved stay;
- Place of departure and place of intended stay and, when needed appropriate accompanying documents;
- The money necessary for the duration and purpose of intended stay, for the return into the country of origin or transit into a third-country where he/she has a guaranteed reception or that he/she can legally acquire such funds;
- That a person, his/her means of transport, and things he/she carries shall not jeopardize the security of state border, public order and public health.
The check from paragraph 1 of this Article includes the direct check of data and warnings to persons and things from appropriate records, as well as the actions needed to be undertaken based on those warnings.
PROHIBITION OF ENTRY
A foreigner shall not be allowed to enter Montenegro, if:
- He/she uses someone else’s, not valid i.e. false travel or other documents;
- He/she does not fulfil conditions from Article 11 of this law;
- It is required by reasons of national security, public order or public health;
- He/she is in transit through the territory of Montenegro and does not fulfil the conditions to enter a third state;
- The protective measure of removal is in force, the security measure of deporting a foreigner from the country, protective measure of deporting a foreigner from the territory of Montenegro or if his/her stay was cancelled;
- He/she doesn’t have funds for his/her stay in Montenegro and to return to the country he/she came from, or for the travel to a third country.
The prohibition of entry from paragraph 1 of this Article shall be told to the foreigner verbally by the administration body competent for police operations (police).
The police keeps the records about the foreigner’s prohibition of entry.