The airport in Titograd is one of the first with a concrete runway and was opened for air-traffic in 1961.
It possessed a very functional building with all the accompanying facilities. Its area was around 4000m², together with the access roads. The handling capacity of the building was around 1000 passengers a day. As a complete unit, with accompanying facilities, it could regularly, and with high quality, handle 25-30 aircraft of the type DC-9 in the course of 24 hours.